- This event has passed.
2017 Student Annual Drop off
STUDENT ANNUAL DROP-OFF DAY IS TUESDAY, APRIL 4, from 9am-7pm at University Galleries!
All current ISU students are eligible to enter. Up to two entries per student are permitted. The first entry is free and the second is $5. Entry form and more info available here. Guidelines for entries are posted below.
Our jurors are artist Claire Ashley and Bud Rodecker, a principal designer at Thirst in Chicago. The jurors will select the works for the exhibition and designate more than 20 sponsored awards covering all media, and ranging from $75 to $125, as well as $300 for Best in Show. A list of accepted entries will be posted on our website, on our front door, and near the entry to CVA 110 on Thursday, April 6, by 2pm. Works that were not accepted should be picked up by Friday, April 7 at 5pm.
Please join us for the opening reception on Wednesday, April 12, from 5-7pm. The awards will be announced at 6pm.
We are excited to see your new work and celebrate your accomplishments!
GUIDELINES FOR ENTRIES
- Works must be ready-to-hang—whether framed or mounted to foamcore.
- Unframed works on paper will be pinned to the wall.
- Complex sculpture must be installed by the artist.
- Jurors will not be able to visit off-site locations. If you are submitting an installation or performance for consideration, please submit images, a short description, and (if possible) video documentation.
- For any battery-powered works, artists must provide enough batteries to last for the duration of the exhibition.
- The artist is responsible for any special maintenance for their work.
- The artist is responsible for ensuring that any technology-based work is functioning properly for the duration of the exhibition.
- If planning to submit a work that needs to be hung from the ceiling, please contact a University Galleries staff member in advance.
- Must be submitted on a flash drive.
- Place your initials on the front or back of the flash drive.
- Clear or reformat flash drive before uploading your video (and prior to submitting).
- When submitting, the video file will be checked for formatting and compatibility before the submission is complete.
- Format preferences: File Format: Quicktime (.mov) or AVI (.avi) Compression: H.264 Frame rate: 24, 30 or 60 Data Rate: 5000 kbps – 14,000 kbps Resolution: 640 x 480 for Standard Definition (4:3) 1920 x 1080, square pixels for high definition (wide screen, 16:9) De-interlacing: If your original is interlaced, then de-interlace. Progressive scanned files work best when displayed on a computer.
- Digital/Interactive Media
- Digital/interactive media includes mobile or desktop apps, interface screens, digitally-controlled devices responding to touch or motion, and other artwork employing computer technology.