- This event has passed.
Recovery Ally Training
Thursday, April 14, 9:00 am – 11:00 am
One event on Thursday, March 17, 2022 at 11:00 am
One event on Thursday, April 14, 2022 at 9:00 am
One event on Friday, May 13, 2022 at 9:00 am
College students are in the highest risk category of any age group for developing a substance use disorder, yet they are the least likely to receive treatment (less than 10%). By engaging in recovery ally training, faculty, and staff will learn about:
- Recovery for Redbirds, Illinois State University’s collegiate recovery community
- Symptoms that indicate a substance use disorder or the need for recovery (most students with a substance-use disorder are not aware)
- How to support students who need help, as well as those who are already in recovery, including making successful referrals
- Steps to build a recovery-friendly campus by understanding how language and policies perpetuate stigma, which blocks recovery, and recognizing how faculty and staff can challenge the party culture
Other Upcoming Trainings:
- Thursday, March 17, 11 a.m.–1 p.m.
- Thursday, April 14, 9–11 a.m.
- Friday, May 13, 9–11 a.m.
To sign-up for a training or to request a training for your department or unit, please contact Jamie Laurson.