- This event has passed.
Business Week INSPIRE Keynote Speaker
This year’s Keynote speaker for the INSPIRE: A Women’s Exchange of Knowledge event will be Lynne Weil, who is the Great Lakes Regional Hedge Fund and Mutual Fund Leader and an audit partner in RSM’s Financial Services Department. Lynne specializes in providing attest, accounting, tax and consulting services to the financial services industry. She also advises these clients on financial reporting, accounting policies, internal controls, including due diligence procedures and compliance matters. Lynne has extensive experience in auditing alternative investment strategies.
Lynne is directly involved in developing audit methodology within the financial service industry. She has over 25 years of experience and is responsible for recruitment, training and development of accounting staff members.
Her background includes:
- Lectured and participated in panel discussions on hedge fund related topics at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange and the Chicago Board of Options Exchange.
- Developed and conducted audit procedures for endowment pools.
- Coordinated and managed annual performance return engagements in compliance with Global Investment Performance Standards.
- Coordinates and manages annual audits and tax compliance services for hedge funds, commodity pools, fund of funds and private equity funds.
- Performs concurring partner reviews and internal peer reviews on audit engagements where the entity holds level 3 investments, as defined by Statement of Financial Accounting Standards No. 157, Fair Value Investments.
Lynne is a certified public accountant and is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Illinois CPA Society. She serves as the National Women’s Leader for RSM. She is also active in her
community through her involvement in Hedge Funds Care, 100 Women in Hedge Funds
and Hedge Fund Association.
Lynne graduated from the University of Denver, Colorado with a Bachelor’s of Science in Accounting.