Department of Agriculture Career Fair
The Department of Agriculture Fair connects recruiters hiring for a wide range of positions for students and alumni who are seeking positions in the agriculture industry.
Since this fair will be held virtually, be sure to review the instructions for participating in a virtual fair as an employer. Request the toolkit for accessing a virtual career fair. If you have any issues during the fair, connect with Career Services staff for assistance.
Check out the list of employers registered for the Department of Agriculture Fair to identify those you most want to meet. Then complete these steps before the fair:
- Construct an effective resume. Check out the Career Resource Guide. Then, connect with Career Services during drop-in hours or Late-night Resume Reviews for feedback.
- Develop a 30 second summary of your professional skills, experience and interests. Visit the Career Resource Guide for assistance.
- Participate in one of our InstaCareer career fair preparation sessions to learn how to introduce yourself, identify what to say, get tips on how to follow-up after the fair, and more!
- Attend Navigating a Virtual Fair so you’ll not only know how to present yourself, but learn how to participate in the fair effectively.
- Check out these tips for navigating a virtual fair.
- Dress the part. Review the Career Resource Guide, for suggestions on appropriate attire and professional etiquette.
- Login to your Hire-A-Redbird account to register for the fair. Although not required, check out the benefits of registering.
- Visit the Career Resource Guide to learn how to do quality research on employers so you can answer the question, “what do you know about our organization?”
- Prepare for on the spot interviews. Visit InterviewStream to get interview questions listed by major and job industry, and practice your answers.
- Identify your answers to commonly asked questions. Check out the Career Resource Guide for sample questions.
- Join Career Services on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for fair updates and other helpful tips.
- If you have any issues during the fair, connect with Career Services staff for assistance.
Registration through Hire-A-Redbird is required to participate. If you no longer have access, be sure to contact Career Services 4 days prior to the event for access. If you have any issues during the fair after registering in advance, connect with Career Services staff for assistance.