- This event has passed.
Free Speech and the Inclusive Campus: How Do We Foster the Campus Community We Want
Consider the following questions about inclusivity, diversity, and freedom of speech:
- Are the topics of free speech and inclusivity on campus in opposition to each other? Do we have to give one up to have the others?
- How do we balance the rights of individuals with the responsibilities of the institution?
- How do we foster the campus community we want? What is the role of institutional leaders versus individuals in creating or changing campus culture?
If any of these questions pique your interest, then this is a great leadership learning opportunity for you. Issues of inclusion, diversity, and freedom of speech are a major challenge facing our campus and student communities. As we make space to address tough challenges facing our campus, we believe that tough challenges call for adaptive leadership. Join the Student Government Association (SGA) in a deliberative dialogue centering the topic of free speech and inclusivity on campus.
By participating in this leadership experience, you will be able to:
- understand the key differences between debating and deliberating about tough challenges
- practice the key fundamentals of critical self-reflection
- learn the key elements of critical hope