- This event has passed.
What Happens When You Say Yes To Your Intuition – Nasreen Sheikh
- Monday, November 13th 2017
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Nasreen Sheikh was born in a small village on the border of Nepal and India where women are treated as slaves. She escaped from her village at a young age and went to Nepal with her family, where she learned to sew as a child worker. She later created a sewing collective in Nepal, called Local Women’s Handicrafts, which teaches women independence. When Nasreen was 18, she became the only woman to escape arranged marriages in her village. She is also the founder of L.O.C.W.O.M., a non-profit organization that helps with women’s health, education, hygiene, and teaching occupational skills such as sewing. Now, she preaches humanity and wants to bring awareness to the violations of women’s rights in villages both in India and Nepal. Come hear Nasreen speak about her life experiences as a child laborer, and how one person can make a change with the support of many others.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Turner Hall
700 W. College Avenue