Illinois State Insights webinar: Every conversation counts
The Illinois State University Alumni Association believes in lifelong learning and career development even after graduation. Take advantage of these free webinars and live streams as they fit into everyday life to continue to learn and grow together as Redbirds. Be sure to register in advance to gain access to the webinar.
You are one conversation away from changing your life. We all crave connection. We were never meant to live alone or communicate only in “likes” and retweets. In an age of polarization, disconnection, and shallow substitutes for genuine relationships, every professional needs to know how to build, maintain and reignite genuine relationships with clients and colleagues alike. With his years of experience interviewing established leaders in business, entertainment, and innovation, TV host and human connection expert, Riaz Meghji will offer practical tools to combat isolation and build deeper relationships.
In this deep-dive webinar, you will learn:
- How to spark genuine, authentic conversations to make meaningful connections, personally and professionally,
- How to listen without distraction and make your small talk bigger,
- How to de-escalate conflict and collaborate effectively by leading with assertive empathy,
- How to craft and tell compelling stories that will motivate your audience to take action,
- How to ask questions that create breakthrough moments in any conversation.