- This event has passed.
Milan, Italy: Study Abroad with the College of Education
Study abroad in Milan, Italy with the College of Education!An informational session will be held on Tuesday, November 15th from 4:00 – 5:00pm in DeGarmo 039.
Students studying in Milan can earn credit for TCH 210 and TCH 110* and gain clinical observation hours in the American School of Milan (ASM). ASM is a truly international school with students from 50 different countries that speak 30 different languages. Instruction is taught in English, so there is no Italian requirement. This is a unique opportunity to explore how English is taught across the K – 12 system with a truly diverse group of students.
Milan is a cosmopolitan city steeped in art and culture. While in Italy, students can:
– View Leonardo da Vinci’s The Last Supper.
– Explore the Duomo of Milan, a gothic cathedral with 3,600 statues and 135 spires.
– See a show at Teatro alla Scala, Milan’s world famous opera house.
– Visit Italy’s breathtaking Lake District located 30 minutes by train north of Milan.
– Be in awe of the many museums throughout Milan.
– Enjoy a multi course, multi hour lunch at a local agriturismo.
– Shop at the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele, one of the world’s most glamorous shopping malls.
– EAT: gelato, panzerotti, risotto, pasta, everything.
If you cannot make the session, but want to know more about the Milan study abroad program, please contact Sarah Dolan at firstname.lastname@example.org or Derrek Drenckpohl at email@example.com.
More information can also be found by visiting: http://studyabroad.illinoisstate.edu/destinations/italy/milan/index.php#tabs1
*TCH 110 can be used for the ESL endorsement or the TESOL minor.