- This event has passed.
New Faculty Milner Library Orientation
Tuesday, August 9, 10:00 am – 12:00 pmRegistration is required
The Milner Library orientation is divided into two parts. The first part is an asynchronous online introduction that covers the basics of Milner Library such as general floor layout, navigating the library’s website, your library specific accounts, and an overview of databases. The second part an in-person session focused on your teaching and research needs. Register for either the August 9 session (held via Zoom) or the August 16 session (in-person at Milner Library). Specifically, you will learn about
- placing items on course reserve,
- options to support textbook affordability,
- supporting student research with Milner resources,
- working with and meeting your subject liaison librarian,
- funding for book purchases, and
- resources available for your scholarship and creative productivity.
We recommend you complete the online introduction prior to attending the in-person session. Registration is required.