- This event has passed.
National Walking Day INSIDE Redbird Arena
Join Health Promotion and Wellness and other campus and local organizations for National Walking Day! Participants will not only walk, but can also complete additional activities such as blood pressure checks, nutrition trivia, prizes, and more. Each additional activity completed equals an additional entry into the prize drawings. Heart health information and other wellness resources will be available from various campus and local organizations.
This is a free event open to students, employees, and the entire Illinois State University community held in Redbird Arena.
- Warm up with Campus Recreation at 12:05 p.m.
- Walk a loop with Reggie at 12:10 p.m., but feel free to stop by anytime between noon and 1:30 p.m.
- The first 100 walkers will earn a free sandwich from Jimmy John’s
- Complete extra activities along the route to receive additional entries into the drawings for prizes such as a Fitbit, and more.
- Visit with campus and local organizations such as Campus Recreation, the American Heart Association, McLean County Health Department, Advocate Bromenn Medical Center, Advocate Bromenn Health & Fitness Center, Exercise is Medicine, Fleet Feet Bloomington, OSF Center for Healthy Lifestyles, and more!
- Post photos of you walking using the hashtag #ISUWalks to also gain additional chances to win prizes.
Please check back for additional details!