National Walking Day
Walkers who complete a loop of the Quad will get a free sandwich from Subway. All attendees may enter to win prizes, including a wellness goodie bag and the grand prize of a Fitbit from TechZone. Participants can also complete additional activities such as blood pressure checks, nutrition trivia, and more. Each additional activity completed equals an additional entry into the prize drawings. Heart health information and other wellness resources will be available from various campus and local organizations.
This is a free event open to students, employees, and the entire Illinois State University community.
In the event of inclement weather, the event will be held on the concourse level of Redbird Arena.
- Warm up with Campus Recreation at 12:05 p.m.
- Walk a loop of the Quad (or more!) with Reggie at 12:10 p.m., but feel free to stop by anytime between noon and 1:30 p.m.
- Complete extra activities along the route to receive additional entries into the drawings for prizes such as a Subway gift card, a Fitbit, and more.
- Visit with campus and local organizations such as Health Promotion and Wellness, Campus Recreation, Student Health Services, American Heart
- Association Greater Illinois, Advocate BroMenn Medical Center, Fleet Feet Bloomington, and more!
- Post photos of you walking using the hashtag #ISUWalks to also gain additional chances to win prizes.
- Additional event features are free Subway sandwiches for those who walk at least one loop of the Quad, blood pressure checks, photo booth, prize drawings, and campus and community health resources.