- This event has passed.
Power to the People: Learning and Leading for the Democratic Ideals
Are you interested in activism? Are you currently an activist? Are you interested in learning more about activism? Then join us for Power to the People: Learning and Leading for the Democratic Ideals.
Diversity Advocacy has partnered with Drs. Pamela Twyman Hoff and Beth Hatt to offer a new exclusive series of interactive workshops for a limited number of students. This series of workshops will create a space for students to critically analyze some of the issues and perceptions that give rise to student activism.
Goals of the workshop series include:
- Build coalitions across racial, gender, identity, and ethnic boundaries
- Develop and utilize higher level conceptual skills
- Assist students in developing the critical habits of mind, disposition, attitudes and behaviors that demark a good citizen
- Increase students’ understanding of the practical application of democratic principles
- Promote accountability and social responsibility
- Provide students with a counter-space to interrogate and sort through issues and problems
Please note the dates and times of the workshops, as you must be able to attend ALL workshops in order to be considered.
Friday, February 10, 2017 – 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Friday, February 24, 2017 – 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Friday, March 3, 2017 – 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Friday, March 10, 2017 – 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Friday, March 24, 2017 – 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Friday, March 31, 2017 – 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
This series is limited to 25 students. If you are interested in attending, we strongly encourage you to register today.