- This event has passed.
#RedbirdImpact Month Day of Service at Illinois State University
Redbirds make an impact, it’s what they do. They invest in communities, strive to make the world a better place, and give a hand-up when those around need it most. This year, Illinois State University wants Redbirds to show the world how they care by being a part of #RedbirdImpact Month.
#RedbirdImpact Day of Service invites all alumni and friends to travel to campus for a Saturday to serve and connect with fellow Redbirds. Participants will work with the Midwest Food Bank Saturday morning and the Back 2 School Alliance Saturday afternoon.
Saturday, June 11, 2022
- 8 a.m., Stop at the Illinois State University Alumni Center for a continental breakfast and check-in.
- 9-11:30 a.m., Midwest Food Bank began in Bloomington-Normal, Illinois in 2003 when the Kieser family began collecting food donations and serving local food pantries from a shed on their farm. This quickly grew outside McLean County and Central Illinois. Midwest Food Bank Bloomington-Normal, IL, serves over 500 agency partners across 50 counties throughout Central and Eastern Illinois. Work may include repackaging food, packing food boxes, or loading supplies.
- 12-1 p.m., Head back to campus to join Redbirds for a special lunch featuring a #RedbirdImpact celebration.
- 1-3 p.m., After the luncheon, participants will assist the Back 2 School Alliance in preparing donated goods for the backpack program. This activity is full. Those interested can be put on a waitlist.
- 3:30 p.m., End the day recognizing all that was accomplished to make a #RedbirdImpact by enjoying time together at a favorite spot, The Pub II
All activities are free to attend. A limited number of spaces for each activity is available. Guests can register for one or both service projects. Registration is available through noon on June 3 at the link above or by contacting Alumni Engagement at (309) 438-2586.
How else to make a #RedbirdImpact
Alumni and friends can join a Redbird scheduled #RedbirdImpact service project including a special day on campus. Can’t make it to one of those scheduled activities? Register any volunteer hours between now and the end of June to help reach the 250-hour goal. Each time an alum or friend submits hours, they will also be entered to win the summer impact prize that will include items to enjoy a relaxing day outside after working hard to make a #RedbirdImpact.
Redbirds can also make a #RedbirdImpact with a gift to the area of campus they are most passionate about. Find out which areas of campus want to make a #RedbirdImpact by visiting the #RedbirdImpact website.
Those interested in coordinating a service project for their area Redbirds in June can reach out to the Alumni Engagement Office for help with promotions and registrations.