Spring Internship Fair
February 1, 2018
4 – 7 p.m.
Bone Student Center
The Spring Internship Fair connects employers with students from all majors seeking internship opportunities. This fair is for those openings only. Students: please note that most employers attending this event will be seeking candidates primarily for internship openings for summer and fall 2018. For more information visit the Career Center.
Career fair planning tips
Make the most of the fair by following these planning tips:
- Consider why you want an internship.
- Get tips to prepare for a career fair – flip to page 18 of the Career Resource Guide,then attend one of our InstaCareer career fair preparation sessions to learn how to introduce yourself, identify what to say, get tips on how to follow-up after the fair, and more!
- Construct an effective resume – view pages 6 – 8 of the Career Resource Guide. Then, visit the Career Center during drop-in hours or Late-night Resume Reviews/LinkedIn Reviews for feedback.
- Prepare for on the spot interviews – visit InterviewStream to get interview questions listed by major and job industry, and practice your answers.
- Identify your answers to commonly asked questions – flip to page 27 of the Career Resource Guide for sample questions.
- Develop a 30 second summary – of your professional skills, experience and interests. See page 18 of theCareer Resource Guide.
- Watch our career fair video – to learn helpful tips when attending the fair, and a video from one of our career fairs to see what the fair is actually like and get inside tips and advice from students. (Download atranscript of the career fair video and the transcript from the video of one of our career fairs.)
- Dress the part – review page 25 of our Career Resource Guide, and page 21 for tips on proper professional etiquette.
- Do your research – visit page 31 of the Career Resource Guide to learn how to do quality research on employers so you can answer the question, “what do you know about our organization?”
- Create your Hire-A-Redbird profile – to track your internship search and experience.
- Get a professional headshot photo – available free to Illinois State students at the fair from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. Access last year’s photos on Flickr.
- Join the Career Center on social media – visit Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for fair updates and helpful preparation tips.