- This event has passed.
Visiting Artist Lecture: Danny Volk
The School of Art Visiting Artist Program Presents an Artist Lecture by Danny Volk
Danny Volk is a Chicago based artist, born and raised in Akron, Ohio. He received his MFA in Visual Arts from the University of Chicago and a BA in Theater Studies from Kent State University.
He has shown his work in venues including:
- The Museum for Contemporary Art in Chicago
- Ponte di Ferro in Cararra, Italy
- Links Hall in Chicago, Illinois
- Satellite Brindeau in LaHavre, France
- DEMO Projects in Springfield, Illinois
- Whitespace Gallery in Atlanta, Georgia
- Centro Desarrollo de las Artes Visuales Plaza Vieja, La Habana, Cuba
- PARSE Gallery in New Orleans, Louisiana
- The Reva and David Logan Center Gallery at the University of Chicago
- Arts Club of Chicago.
In 2014, he received the Mary E. Hofstetter Legacy Scholarship for Excellence in the Visual Arts from The Banff Centre in Alberta, Canada and a Propeller Fund Grant. In 2015, he was awarded a City of Chicago’s Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) Individual Artists Grant for his ongoing work, “Made-Up with Danny Volk”, voted “Best Art Youtube Channel” by NewCity in 2014. Danny currently teaches at Truman College in Chicago.
All School of Art Visiting Artist Program lectures are free and open to the public.