Stevenson Hall is home to the College of Arts and Sciences and many academic departments, including Economics, English, Foreign Languages, Mathematics, and Philosophy.
Stevenson Hall opened in 1968 and was dedicated in 1969 after Adlai E. Stevenson, one of Bloomington-Normal’s most famous local residents. Adlai ran for President of the United States twice in the 1950’s. He was the Governor of Illinois and served as an ambassador to the United Nations during the Kennedy administration. Stevenson was the great-grandson of Jesse Fell, the principal founding father of our University.
A 27-foot high bronze sculpture in gold leaf from Italy rises from the center of a fountain in the courtyard of Stevenson Hall as a memorial to Mr. Stevenson